Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Simplicity

This past week I felt as though the kids and I were go go go.  We had tons of fun, but we did not have a moment to chill.  We were literally out of the house everyday by 11.  This past weekend, we were also busy.  Father's Day we were gone all day visiting the Dinosaur Exhibit at the Museum.  Don't get me wrong, I love to go go go, but I also like to sit back, and just take in the simplicity of my days with my toddlers.  So, this week I have decided to slow down a bit, take time to play, and just enjoy spending my days with my kiddos.  Aside from working at night, and one planned play date we have no plans this week.

Yesterday was gorgeous, so we decided to spend a day swimming at home.  My in laws have an above ground pool set up, but my kids are not big fans of it. Caleb says that he doesn't like it because he can not reach the bottom with his feet.  Anyway, we pulled out their kiddie pool for the first time this year, cleaned and filled it up, and placed their play place slide in it.  Mckinlee all but died and went to Heaven.  This was a brand new experience for her, since she can not remember playing in it last year. Caleb remembered it from last year, and entertained me with stories from last summer (the child's memory is ridiculous).  Mckinlee was all over it. Down one slide, down the other slide, in and out, splashing, jumping, "swimming" etc. She loved it.  Caleb loved pretending like it was the pool on his pirate ship, and fighting off all the bad guys that try to steal it.  It was a great day spent at home.







After naps we rode bikes outside until daddy got home, and then we had an all out water balloon fight.  It was a blast.  Caleb was hitting the balloons off his baseball tee, chasing us, Kinlee was running around screaming and laughing, and Nick and I felt like kids again.  We were all soaked afterward. We literally stayed outside until bath time.  It was such a fun day.

I love this picture, in all of its redneck glory.  The over turned chair in the background, the dirty pool water from the grass, the empty cooler that held the water balloons, the beer bottle in the make shift cup holder etc......Yea, that's how we roll.  


The kids and I have enjoyed sticking around the house once again today.  I got some chores finished, we painted, learned about the letter A, practiced writing, ate lunch, and the kids are currently napping.  I have to work tonight, but I am sure thankful for the simplistic morning we have had.

Photobucket

1 comment:

The Rogers Family said...

It's good to have those days! I love your new blog layout! How did you do it?