Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Caleb 23 Months

Yesterday my BABY turned 23 months.  One month from yesterday he will be TWO!!!! How is this even possible?  I find myself swarmed with the details and planning of his second birthday, and I am still amazed that we are already here! I can so vividly remember planning his first birthday, and as cliche as it sounds, this year FLEW BY!  I mean in a blink! I can not believe that in one month I will have a two year old. I will no longer have two under two, but instead my baby will be replaced by a two year old boy! I am in shock, I am a mess of emotions, and I am loving every minute with my little man along the way. 

Caleb your last month of your one year old year you are:

Sleeping: In your big boy bed.  You take one nap a day for 2-3 hours.  You go to bed around 9 and get up around 7.

Eating:  You are picky! You still love all fruit, peas, and green beans. You are still a vegetarian, and you love milk.  You are obsessed with fruit snacks, applesauce, and gold fish.  You are really good at feeding yourself with a spoon and fork now.

Size: You are wearing a size 5 diaper, size 6 shoe, and 24 month clothing. 

Speech:  Your speech has blown up this past month.  You are saying so many new words, and you try to mock us more and more. Your favorite words right now are "Aeeeyyy" (abby), "ball", "poooo" (pool), "bluuuee", "da", "ma", "ellla" (bella), "fish", "cheeese" (still said in a whisper), "siiiddee" (outside), "go go" (car), "choo choo" (train), "GOOO!!" (when you are bossy), "O" (you find O's every where). I know there are more but that is all I can think of right now.  You still do not speak in sentences really, but I am so glad that your vocab has started to develop more. You still sign a lot. You say more, and help a long with the sign.

Exciting New Things:
  • You are a water bug! You are obsessed with your pool, the water park, fountains, your water table, bath time etc.  As soon as you get up in the morning you point to your pool and say "poooo". 
  • You recognize O, B, A and sometimes C.
  • You still will not stay in the church nursery, but you did wonderful sitting with us last Sunday.
  • You can put your shoes on yourself, on the wrong foot, but on.
  • You still sign scared a lot but not as much as before.
  • You howl at meemaws because they have a Husky that howls (you have been doing this for a few months).
  • You love to climb and you always count "Two two two two" now.
  • You do the "Come here" sign and say "mere mooom" when you want me to follow you.
  • You still do the sign for diaper change when you potty.
  • You are still obsessed with your binky, and I am letting you take it in as much as you want this last month. I am going to try to break it once you turn two.
  • You are cutting your bottom two canine teeth.
  • You love to mock Mckinlee.
  • You always want to hold Mckinlee and you are so sweet and gentle.
  • You have been a huge mamas boy lately and I love it.
  • You are GREAT at kicking a ball. You love to run around the backyard and kick!
  • You are obsessed with any and all cars.
  • You always want to climb in my bed, and you know which pillow is mine and which is Dada's. You always want dadas.
  • You laugh at funny videos now, or when we laugh.
  • We always watch funny AHV on you tube in the morning in my bed while I am nursing Mckinlee.
  • If we mention Abby or K's name around you when they are not here, you always hold out your arms and whimper. (you want them to hold you).
  • You know cars really well. The other day we were leaving a store and you saw a car like K's in the parking lot. you yelled "K's!!".  So smart you are.
  • You love play dough.
  • You love to draw on your chalk board.
  • You always want me to read books to you in your bed.
  • You know what so many objects are, and you are trying to learn their words.   
  • The two year old tantrums are still coming out, but getting a little better.




You really are the sunshine of my life sweet man.  This past ALMOST 2 years with you has been greater than I could have ever dreamed or hoped for.  You are everything that I prayed you would be and so much more. God really did break the mold when he made you, and I am so blessed to be called your mom.  I may hug and squeeze and cuddle you to death this month as I take in my last month with my 1 year old man! I love you to pieces Monkey!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he's a doll!