Saturday, December 7, 2013

Snow

A winter storm has come to our area, and the kids were bursting at the seams to play in the snow.  It didn't arrive until almost dark yesterday, so we promised them a snow filled day today.  As soon as they awoke they were basically begging me to play in the snow.  Nick participated in a Arctic Run 5K today, so once we arrived home we ventured out.

Let me just side note that getting two toddlers, and myself dressed while 29 weeks pregnant was a workout.  Layers, pulling, tucking, me trying to squeeze into my snow clothes.  I was sweating and having Braxton Hicks once I was finished.  Thank God I made them go potty before we started, because I think I literally would have cried if one of them would have had to go once they were dressed.

We began our snow adventure by building a snowman.  He ended up being a snowman laying on the ground, because the snow was not great packing snow, and because a certain 2 year old kept patting down our middle layer.  Caleb had brought a carrot to place for his nose, but we got distracted throwing snowballs and forgot.



Next up the kids went sledding.  They each used their own sled this year, and enjoyed racing each other.  Nick taught them to lay backward to make them go faster, so  that was a hit.  Bella was also joining in the fun, and at this point she and I were both cold.  I took her inside to give her a warm bath, and Nick continued to play with the kids.  It wasn't long before they came in, and my living area was covered in snow clothes (I really need a mudroom).




It is currently 6 and they are all asleep.  I am sure they are going to wake up soon and be up all night, but I have some fun Christmas activities planned and a few Christmas movies recorded.  They are predicting more snow and ice tomorrow, so chances are we will be stuck at home...which means a late bedtime will not matter.



Photobucket

No comments: