Wednesday, May 6, 2009

26 Week Checkup

Whew, today is a busy day, and it is not quite over yet. This morning I awoke at 6 am from a not so great sleep (that seems to be a normal occurance now), and I could not fall back asleep for the life of me. I layed in bed watching my cute hubby sleep with one dog wrapped around my head, and the other dogs' head on my chest. I tried and tried and tried to drift back off into dream land because I knew that I had a busy day. I finally fell back asleep for 20 minutes and awoke to an annoying alarm telling me that it was time to begin my day. After a quick shower, small breakfast, and a few minutes getting ready I was off to my 26 week appointment that was suppose to begin at 9:20. I definetely was a few minutes late and did not arrive until 9:35. The appointment went very well. Nick and I had a bet going as to how much weight we thought I had gained in the last two weeks. He guessed 2 and I guessed 5. We were both wrong because I have not gained anymore weight at all. The doctor measured little Caleb, and allowed me to hear the heartbeat. He also informed me that the pain I have been having in the inner part of my leg is natures way of telling me to take it a little bit easier. He told me just to rest when the pain begins. Hopefully it does not become an every day occurence. After the doctor I went straight to work for a morning lunch shift. It was my first day as an official server and not just a trainie. It went pretty well, but I only had four tables. I was done around 2:30, and I have to be back at work for a night shift at 5. Hopefully I will have more tables tonight.

No comments: