Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mommy I can hear you :)

First of all I would like to thank all of you who commented about when you first began noticing a bump. Your comments made me feel better about my non-expanding belly. I have also found comfort in pictures off of the what to expect website. The pictures are both of women at 16 weeks, and as you can tell there is a drastic difference in the size of their belly. Maybe the bottom girl is carrying twins?

I was excited to read that my baby this week can now hear my voice. That is very exciting to me. I have been talking to the little one all along, but now he/she will actually hear their mommies voice. The source said that babies can now begin taking in tunes of songs as well if the mother sings the tune to them. It said that when they are born they may even recognize a familiar tune. When my step mom was pregnant with my youngest sister my dad used to hum a song when Kat was kicking to calm her. To this day she will still fall asleep to that tune if she remains still enough. I kind of want to start reading to the baby soon (is that weird)?

No comments: